- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The county seat of Offaly, Tullamore is a bustling market town that thrived during Ireland's Celtic Tiger boom in the mid-1990s and, like many parts of Ireland, has suffered in the economic downturn. The town's historical success was based on its location on the Grand Canal, one of Ireland's most important trading links during the 18th and 19th centuries.
Tullamore at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Midlands
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's