- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
At a Glance
- well away from the main road, secluded location
- the clear Offaly night skies are filled with thousands of stars
- bathrooms are small
- noisy neighing horses may disturb your slumber
Check Rates from our Partners
Annaharvey Farm Review
Just 6 km (4 miles) outside of Tullamore town on the Portarlington road, this family farmhouse dedicated to all things equestrian was once an old-world grain barn but has been converted into an elegant accommodation, replete with pitch-pine floors, massive roof beams, and open fireplaces. Guest rooms, redecorated in 2012 in restful creams, are cozy and comfy. It matters not a bit if your interest doesn't run to things horsey—the area has all manner of walking, cycling, and golfing opportunities, and Clonmacnoise and Birr Castle are just a short drive away. Horses, though, are a big interest, as the innkeepers, Lynda and Henry Deverell, host many owners giving their treasured Connemara ponies a spin. Meals (available to guests only and which must be booked in advance) are served in the kitchen.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We will have 10 days to do some touring from the beginning of May.
We will depart from London and had been thinking to head north. Visiting York and heading to the Lakes District. Is this a good choice? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more