- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
At a Glance
- great-value accommodation in peaceful surroundings
- the open fire is a pure delight
- few frills on offer
- rooms are basic
Check Rates from our Partners
Eskermore House Review
In summer, a delightful display of rambling roses adorns the doorway of this charming farmhouse, which, located 9 km (6 miles) west of Edenderry on R402, is a good base for hiking in the Slieve Bloom Mountains. Once inside the entry you'll note that the old-world quirks of these lovely lodgings also include a chiming grandfather clock and an organ in the sitting room for musically gifted guests (those without a talent for tickling the ivory are gently urged to refrain). The guest rooms are simply but comfortably furnished and face south over a beech-tree-lined avenue and semi-wild gardens. The sitting room has an open turf fire, a piano, and cable TV; room TVs are available on request. Host Ann Mooney will prepare a wholesome dinner with advance notice.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We will have 10 days to do some touring from the beginning of May.
We will depart from London and had been thinking to head north. Visiting York and heading to the Lakes District. Is this a good choice? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more