- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Andrew Jackson Cottage and U.S. Rangers Centre
Andrew Jackson Cottage and U.S. Rangers Centre Review
The center tells the tale of the U.S. president, whose parents emigrated from here in 1765. This thatch cottage just outside of town is a reconstruction of an 18th-century structure thought to resemble their home. Interpretive panels, illustrating Jackson's story as well as Ulster–Scots history, were added in 2012. Free teas and coffees are offered to visitors. The cottage is open year-round, but access is by arrangement through Carrickfergus tourist office.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more