- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blake's of the Hollow
Blake's of the Hollow Review
Among the several relaxed and welcoming old pubs in Enniskillen's town center, the one with the most appeal is Blake's, a place hardly altered since it opened in 1887. Its name derives from the fact that the heart of the town lies in a slight hollow and the pub's landlord is named William Blake. (Don't ask: he's not related to the English poet, painter, and engraver.) To celebrate its 125th anniversary in 2012, the bar produced an old bottle cap with the family coat of arms etched on to glasses and beer mats. The front bar, which eschews loud music and television, is best for local gossip and stories.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more