- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In this wonderfully atmospheric pub and hotel—an old coaching inn dating to 1642—oak beams, stone floors, meat hooks hanging from the ceiling, and a large open fireplace testify to the antiquity. The bar top was crafted from the timbers of ships wrecked in Lough Foyle. Back in the mists of time, it was a member of the same Denvir family who gave the family name to a small settlement in Colorado, its name later modified to Denver. Six guest rooms have been sympathetically refurbished to retain the character of the old inn and come with original wooden floors and period wooden beds. Solid traditional dishes dominate the menu—steak, roast chicken, spring lamb, and the daily fresh fish. Live music in the bar features traditional Irish as well as old classics on Thursdays and weekend nights.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
My DH and I would love to do a little exploring next March or October. Read more