- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Great Room
The Great Room Review
Inside the swank and lavish Merchant Hotel, beneath the grand dome of this former bank's great hall and Ireland's biggest chandelier, you'll find the perfect setting for a memorable dinner of adventurous European fare. Exceptional offerings from the kitchen include Dover sole niçoise, rib of Kettyle beef, or, for vegetarians, pappardelle pasta with black truffles and olive oil. The wonderful extravaganza of profiterole swans swimming delicately in a small lake of chocolate sauce is just one delight found on the dessert trolley. First-class service in truly opulent surroundings makes this restaurant worth a detour. The set £22.50 per person dinner menu from Monday through Thursday (until 6:30; £26.50 thereafter) is great value; on the weekend it increases to between £80 and £100 for two, with a bottle of wine included.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more