- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Belleek Pottery Review
On the riverbank stands the visitor center of Belleek Pottery Ltd., producers of Parian china, a fine, eggshell-thin, ivory porcelain shaped into dishes, figurines, vases, and baskets. There's a factory, showroom, exhibition, museum, and café. On tours of the factory you can get up close and talk to craftspeople—there's hardly any noise coming from machinery in the workshops. Everything here is made by hand just as workers did back in 1857. The showroom is filled with beautiful but pricey gifts: a shamrock cup-and-saucer set costs about £42, and a bowl in a basket-weave style (typical of Belleek) runs £95 and up. The company has a jewelry portfolio called Belleek Living featuring designs inspired by the Irish landscape.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more