- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Victoria Square Review
Occupying an eight-block site in central Belfast, Victoria Square has changed the Belfast skyline with a Disneyland-like complex of shopping malls and residences, adding a fresh dimension to the retail world. The flagship 800,000-square-foot Victoria Square shopping complex, all glittering steel, is presided over by a vast geodesic glass dome eight stories high. The center has attracted leading London brand names to Northern Ireland. The House of Fraser department store is the main anchor tenant and designer shops such as Cruise, Hugo Boss, Reiss, and All Saints also provide shoppers their fix of happiness. Coffee shops, fast-food restaurants, and an eight-screen cinema are also on-site. Offering a delightful architectural contrast, the complex incorporates noted Victorian landmarks such as the McErvel's Seed Warehouse and the Royal Belfast Ginger Ale Manufactury. Make your way up to the viewing gallery for great views of Belfast—admission is free. The Q-Park (www.q-park.co.uk) provides 1,000 parking spaces and is open 24/7.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more