- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Entrepreneur Eddie Fung has miraculously transformed a redbrick 19th-century Belfast mill into an Asian oasis housing the city's finest Japanese restaurant. Choose between wooden booths, or, if you're prepared to hunker down on the floor, Japanese-style, opt for the traditional dining area. Handpick your meal at the downstairs sushi bar, or choose a discreet table for two under the serene gaze of (reputedly) Ireland's largest Buddha. Zen has a reputation for authentic fresh sushi and sashimi. The menu includes starters such as Zen dragon-tail ribs coated in honey and plum glaze, Japanese spring rolls, and roast duck samosa. Purists may raise an eyebrow over the crispy prawns, but everyone declares them delicious, as is the honey-peppered shredded chicken. Finish your meal with a Japanese malt whiskey: Nikka Black is smoky and mellow and will round off the perfect dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more