- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ulster Hall Review
The historic Ulster Hall became the permanent home of the Ulster Orchestra shortly after the building reopened in 2009 following its multimillion-pound refit. At the gala civic ceremony on the reopening night the Orchestra played "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" by Sergei Rachmaninov, who himself once played in the hall. The classical music season runs here from September through April. Concerts are mostly held on Fridays, but you can call or check online (www.ulsterorchestra.com) to learn about other dates and free open rehearsals and 50-minute lunchtime concerts. Apart from classical, the hall presents rock, folk, traditional Irish, blues, jazz, and other forms, along with comedy and cabaret acts. With its superb acoustics, Ulster Hall provides the perfect listening and foot-tapping experience.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
OK, here's the start to my trip report. Read more
We (me, my daughter and family friend) arrived in Shannon with no problems. Read more
I've got a USA passport and know that i can get a entrance visa/stamp for 90 days to visit /enter Ireland. Read more