- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fast Translink Goldline Express buses (16 round-trip) link Derry and Belfast on a trip over the Glenshane Pass. Journey time is one hour and 40 minutes. Weekend service, especially on Sundays, is less frequent. An alternative, slightly longer route, operated by Translink Goldline between Belfast and Derry, travels along the M1 motorway and through County Tyrone—it takes about two hours. Translink buses run from Derry to neighboring towns, with fares averaging about 12.50 round-trip. You can also catch a bus from City of Derry Airport into the Foyle Street bus station in the city center (6 round-trip). The Airporter Coach operates between Derry and Belfast International Airport and George Best Belfast City Airport. Tickets to both airports cost 27.50 round-trip. If you're traveling across the border from Derry into Donegal, then you have a choice of using Bus Éireann or the Lough Swilly Bus Company.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's