- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The city's two main shopping centers, Foyleside and Quayside, have multistory car parking garages. Collect a ticket on entry and pay at a machine on departure. Other main car parks, which are mostly pay-by-the-hour via metered ticket machines, are located at Foyle Street, Carlisle Road, William Street, Society Street, Queens Quay, Alfred Street, and Victoria Market. Derry is a 75-minute drive from Belfast; A6 takes you over the mountainous Glenshane Pass. Roads lead south to Strabane and Omagh on A5 and on to Dublin (about four hours away, depending on road conditions and traffic). Derry is also the jumping off point for exploring the Inishowen peninsula by car and the beautifully remote Northern Donegal region.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's