- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dublin Airport, 10 km (6 miles) north of the city center, serves international and domestic flights.
Dublin Airport (01/814–1111. www.dublinairport.com.)
Airport Transfers: Buses and Taxis
Dublin Bus operates the Airlink shuttle service between Dublin Airport and the city center, with departures outside the arrivals gateway. Journey time from the airport to the city center is normally 30 minutes, but it may be longer in heavy traffic. The single fare is €6 and round-trip is €10; pay the driver inside the bus or purchase a one-day bus pass for the same price. If you have time, you can save money by taking a regular bus for €2. Aircoach's comfortable coaches run from the airport to the city center 24 hours a day for €7 one-way and €12 round-trip. The service stops at major hotels. A taxi is a quicker alternative than the bus to get from the airport to Dublin center. A line of taxis waits by the arrivals gateway; the fare for the 30-minute journey to any of the main city-center hotels is about €20 to €23 plus tip (tips don't have to be large). Ask about the fare before leaving the airport.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's