- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Thornton's Restaurant Review
Forget the stretched metaphors: if you're passionate about food, this place is a must. Kevin Thornton's cooking style is light, and his dishes are small masterpieces of structural engineering, piled almost dangerously high in towers of food. Dinner is a set, three-course menu and a highlight is the noisette of lamb with glazed turnips, woodland garlic, and bog-oak sauce. Desserts range from apple tarte tatin to prune-and-Armagnac soufflé; the cheese course is supplied by famed Sheridans of Dublin. The dining room is simple and elegant—there's little to distract you from the exquisite food. The Canapé Bar is the perfect spot for a pre- or posttheater snack with a glass of champagne.
- Address: Fitzwilliam Hotel, 128 St. Stephen's Green, Southside, Dublin, Co. Dublin Dublin 2 | Map It
- Phone: 01/478–7008
- Website: www.thorntonsrestaurant.com
- Location: The Southside
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch Tues. and Wed.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
OK, here's the start to my trip report. Read more
We (me, my daughter and family friend) arrived in Shannon with no problems. Read more
I've got a USA passport and know that i can get a entrance visa/stamp for 90 days to visit /enter Ireland. Read more
· News & Features
So you went to Dublin for St. ... Read more
Mixing modern design with a rustic Irish charm (no, really), The Marker is Dublin's hottest new hotel,... Read more
If you can survive St.... Read more