- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Thornton's Restaurant Review
Forget the stretched metaphors: if you're passionate about food, this place is a must. Kevin Thornton's cooking style is light, and his dishes are small masterpieces of structural engineering, piled almost dangerously high in towers of food. Dinner is a set, three-course menu and a highlight is the noisette of lamb with glazed turnips, woodland garlic, and bog-oak sauce. Desserts range from apple tarte tatin to prune-and-Armagnac soufflé; the cheese course is supplied by famed Sheridans of Dublin. The dining room is simple and elegant—there's little to distract you from the exquisite food. The Canapé Bar is the perfect spot for a pre- or posttheater snack with a glass of champagne.
- Address: Fitzwilliam Hotel, 128 St. Stephen's Green, Southside, Dublin, Co. Dublin Dublin 2 | Map It
- Phone: 01/478–7008
- Website: www.thorntonsrestaurant.com
- Location: The Southside
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch Tues. and Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more
I wanted to reach out to the lovely people on this board for some help with my Ireland itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Ireland's capital city boasts a burgeoning food scene, stylish boutiques, swanky hotels, and an outdoo... Read more
So you went to Dublin for St.... Read more
Mixing modern design with a rustic Irish charm (no, really), The Marker is Dublin's hottest new hotel,... Read more