The homemade preserves and oven-warm scones are reason enough to stay at this redbrick 1850 Victorian guesthouse, in one of Dublin's poshest tree-lined suburbs and a 15-minute walk from St. Stephen's Green. Restored rooms in the main house are lovingly decorated with Georgian antiques, Victoriana, and period wallpaper and drapes. The 13 rooms at the back of the house are less luxurious, but all are immaculate. A Waterford-crystal chandelier hangs over the comfortable leather
and mahogany furniture in the gracious, fireplace-warmed drawing room where afternoon tea is served.