- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Phoenix Park and EnvironsView Map
Far and away Dublin's largest park, Phoenix Park (the name is an anglicization of the Irish Fionn Uisce, meaning "clear water") is a vast, green, arrowhead-shaped oasis north of the Liffey, about a 20-minute walk from the city center. It's the city's main escape valve and sports center (cricket, soccer, Gaelic games, and polo), and the home of the noble creatures of the Dublin Zoo. A handful of other cultural sights near the park also merit a visit.
Phoenix Park and Environs at a Glance
Elsewhere in Dublin
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's