- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dublin Hotel Reviews
A reduction in demand for rooms means that Dublin's boom-time high rates have fallen somewhat but are still in line with the best hotels of any major European or North American city. Service charges range from 15% in expensive hotels to zero in moderate and inexpensive ones. Be sure to inquire when you make reservations.
As a general rule of thumb, lodgings on the north side of the River Liffey tend to be more affordable than those on the south. Bed-and-breakfasts charge as little as €46 a night per person, but they tend to be in suburban areas—generally a 15-minute bus ride from the center of the city. This is not in itself a great drawback, and savings can be significant. Many hotels have a weekend, or "B&B," rate that's often 30% to 40% cheaper than the ordinary rate; some hotels also have a midweek special that provides discounts of up to 35%.
Browse Dublin Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1336 & up -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Ritz-Carlton Escape w/Air Sceptre Tours
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1165 -- Irish Cities & Scenery Tour: 7-Nts. w/Guide — $1,165 Sceptre Tours
- $1428 & up -- Castles & Abbey: 6-Nt. Ireland Trip w/Air — $1,428 Sceptre Tours
- $1351 & up -- Irish Escape: 7-Nt. Multi-City Vacation w/Air — $1,351 Great Value Vacations