- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The European Club. Tiger Woods used this elegant links to prepare for the British Open at Muirfield (Woods still has the course record), and it does share some attributes with that great old course. The European features 20 true links holes (two extra holes are in play most days) on tumbling dunes with shockingly dramatic views of the Irish Sea. The small membership of 125 people makes it easier for day visitors to get a tee time. The tournament-quality greens are tough but fair. Like Turnberry and the Old Course at St. Andrews, there are only two par-5s, one of which is almost 600 yards long. Brittas Bay, Co. Wicklow. 404/47415. www.theeuropeanclub.com. Apr.–Oct. €180; Nov.–Mar. €100. 20 holes (2 extra holes). Yardage: 7,355. Par 71. Practice area, caddies, caddy carts, club rental, shoe rental, catering. Visitors: daily.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's