- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bus Éireann runs guided bus tours from Dublin to many of the historic and scenic locations throughout the Dublin environs daily in summer. Visits include trips to Glendalough in County Wicklow; Boyne Valley and Newgrange in County Louth; and the Hill of Tara, Trim, and Navan in County Meath. Irish Sightseeing Tours, a privately owned touring company, also runs many guided bus tours throughout the Dublin environs between May and September. Their Grand Wicklow Tour lasts seven hours, as does their day trip to Newgrange and Mellifont Abbey. Prices start at €32. Wild Wicklow Tours uses minibuses that can handle smaller groups and take you off the beaten track. Their full-day trips to Glendalough also take in Avoca Handweavers and a Dublin coastal drive. Prices start at €28. Railtours Ireland has a half-day rail tour into the Wicklow Mountains. The train stops at Arklow, and then a bus takes you through Avoca and on to Glendalough. The cost is €39.
Irish Sightseeing Tours (01/458–0054. www.loveireland.com.)
Railtours Ireland (01/856–0045. www.railtoursireland.com.)
Wild Wicklow Tours (01/280–1899. www.wildwicklow.ie.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe