- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
The Strawberry Tree
The Strawberry Tree Review
Claiming to be Ireland's only "certified organic restaurant," this spot has been getting great reviews for its serious approach to all-natural but always stylish cuisine. Idyllically located at the heart of the vast BrookLodge Hotel, it's tucked away in a rural valley. The glossy decor—midnight-blue walls, mirrored ceiling, and gleaming mahogany furniture—comes as a surprise, but cues you into the classy service and creative menu. Wild wood-pigeon terrine, carrot-and-orange sorbet, and guinea fowl with dried fruit compote are part of the feast that can be enjoyed at the Big Table, which seats up to 40. After dessert, check out the spectacular wine cellar.
- Address: BrookLodge Hotel, Macreddin Rd., Macreddin Village, Co. Wicklow
- Phone: 0402/36444
- Website: www.brooklodge.com
- Location: Wicklow Town
- Credit cards accepted.
- Nov.–Mar., closed Mon.–Wed.; Apr., May, and Oct., closed Mon. and Tue; June–mid-July and Sept., closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more
Traveling to Ireland in June for 11 days- flying into Dublin, spending two days there, then driving to Kinsale for two nights, then, on to Killarney for three days. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more