- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Kildare Town is about 45 minutes from Dublin; take the N81 south to the N7/M7, exit at junction 13, and take the third exit at the roundabout to the R415 (signposted Kildare). Parking is available throughout the town. Kildare Town is a major rail junction serviced by Irish Rail and has trains to Dublin (45 minutes), Galway (2 hours), Limerick (1 hour 45 minutes), and Cork (2 hours 25 minutes). The town's train station is just outside town but a free bus service meets the trains and drops you into the center of town. Bus Éireann runs a regular bus service between Dublin and Kildare Town (1 hour).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's