Dublin Environs Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to the Dublin Environs
Newgrange: Just standing amid these 5,000-year-old tombs (which predate the pyramids), you'll wonder: how did they build them?
A Day at the Races: The Irish may like a drink, but they really love to gamble, as you'll discover in Kildare, center of the Irish bloodstock world. Punchestown in spring and the Curragh in summer are both unique, passionate racecourse experiences.
Spectacular Georgian Country Houses: Modesty never struck the rich Anglo-Irishman, whose propensity to flaunt his riches led to such over-the-top stately homes as Castletown, Russborough, and Powerscourt.
Wicklow Is for Walkers: There's no better way to meet the locals and see the land than trekking out on the 132-km-long (82-mile-long) Wicklow Way, Ireland's most popular trail.
Early Morning at Glendalough: Before the tour buses arrive, channel the spirit of the 6th-century, isolation-seeking St. Kevin.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's