- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Perfectly positioned as a hub to explore the region north and south of the border, Dundalk—only 9½ km (6 miles) from Northern Ireland—is the main town of County Louth (Ireland's smallest county). Its earliest settlement dates from the early Christian period, around the 7th century. In May the town hosts an avant-garde "fringe" drama and visual arts festival (with a nice schedule of children's events).
Dundalk at a Glance
Elsewhere in Dublin Environs
- The Curragh
- Hill of Tara
- Kildare Town
- King William's Glen
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's