Dublin Environs Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Plan Your Dublin Environs Vacation
Walt Disney himself couldn't have planned it better. The small counties immediately north, south, and west of Dublin—historically known as the Pale—seem expressly designed to entertain and enchant the sightseer. The entire region is rich with legendary Celtic sites, gorgeous gardens, and the most elegant Palladian country estates in Ireland.
A lot of people opt to stay in Dublin and take day trips to the environs. If that's the case, a hotel on the south side of the city or in South County Dublin...read more
Dining out in the area is essentially a casual affair, but the innovations and experimentation of Dublin's top restaurateurs are influencing the cooking—and...read more
Things To Do in Dublin Environs
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now48° F Light Rain Showers 82% Humidity April 20, 2014 at 11:30AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more
I will be travelling with my 81 year old Mum to West Ireland from England. Read more