- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bus Éireann and Aircoach operate express buses from Dublin, Galway, Shannon Airport, Limerick, Tralee, and Killarney to Cork City. Be warned: even so-called express buses from Dublin make at least two off-motorway stops en route, so the journey takes from four to five hours, depending on traffic. Citylink buses serve many Irish cities, including Cork City; book online for the best prices. Local buses tend to stop running in the early evening, which rules out many day trips—unless you want to spend most of the day on the bus. As a general rule, the smaller and more remote the town, the less frequent its bus service. Consult with hotel concierges, tourist board staffers, or the bus lines' websites for bus schedules.
Aircoach (01/844–7118. www.aircoach.ie.)
Bus Éireann (01/836–6111 in Dublin 021/450–8188 in Cork. www.buseireann.ie.)
Citylink (091/564–164. www.citylink.ie.)
Cork Bus Station Parnell Place (Parnell Pl. and Merchant's Quay, Cork City. 021/450–8188; 021/422–2129 recorded message off-hrs [6 pm–9 am].)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's