The Pink Elephant
The Pink Elephant Review
The legendary Pink Elephant looks out to sea and across the bay to wooded slopes. Huge windows frame the stunning view, and in good weather there is seating outside. The menu incorporates locally produced foods—organic leaves, farmhouse cheeses, smoked salmon, and the freshest fish and meats. Lunch includes a range of open sandwiches and healthy salads. Hearty mains dominate the dinner menu, on which you might find slow-roast shank of lamb with balsamic and red wine jus on scallion mash or roast monkfish with a tomato and mint salsa. Desserts are substantial classics. This is also a popular bar, often lively with banter between the friendly hosts and their clientele. On weekdays call first, or check the website, as opening times vary.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's