County Cork Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to County Cork
Blarney Castle: Visitors line up to kiss the Blarney Stone and acquire the gift of gab. This is an impressive 15th-century tower-house castle with unusual gardens, at their best in daffodil season—early to mid-March.
Cobh: If you have Irish roots, chances are your ancestors left from characterful Cobh. Its heritage center's Queenstown Story exhibits commemorate the 2.5 million emigrants who sailed from here.
Kinsale: This picturesque port, long a favored haven of sailors, is famed for its fine dining in tiny front-parlor eateries. It's also a chic place to see and be seen—the Irish St-Tropez.
The Cork Coastline: On the drive from Kinsale to Skibbereen you'll encounter charming little villages and unspoiled scenery.
Bantry House: One of Ireland's finest stately homes, packed with treasures from all over Europe, stands on a breathtaking bluff.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's