County Cork Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Plan Your County Cork Vacation
The place names in this region have an undeniable Irish lilt: Blarney, where you can acquire the gift of the gab, famine-wracked Skibbereen, and beautiful Bantry Bay. But just as evocative is the scenery around every other turn in the road.
County Cork's great country-house accommodations include Ballymaloe House in east Cork, along with the guest wing at magnificent Bantry House. At the spectrum's...read more
County Cork, home of the famous Slow Food Ireland movement, has become Ireland's top foodie destination. The mecca: Ballymaloe House, where Myrtle Allen...read more
Things To Do in County Cork
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Blarney Castle: Visitors line up to kiss the Blarney Stone and acquire the gift of gab. This is an impressive 15th-century tower-house castle... Read more
Before Kinsale became the foodie capital of Ireland, it was chiefly famous for the Battle of Kinsale in 1601, when the Irish and the Spanish... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more