- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The region's main rail stations are in Galway City and Ennis. Trains for Galway and Ennis leave from Dublin's Heuston Station (on different lines). Trains run direct to Galway via Athlone, taking about three hours, while for Ennis (which is reached via the Cork and Tralee line) you must change twice. Journey time from Limerick to Ennis is 40 minutes (€11.80 round trip), while Limerick City to Galway takes about two hours (€20 round trip).
Irish Rail–Iarnod Éireann (01/703-2132 (in Dublin). www.irishrail.ie.)
Ennis Station (065/684–0444.)
Galway Station–Ceannt Railway Station (091/564–222.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's