- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bus Éireann runs several Expressway buses into Ennis and Galway City—the principal depots in the region—from Dublin, Cork City, and Limerick City. All buses mentioned are Bus Éireann (which includes Expressway) unless specified otherwise. Expect bus rides to last about one hour longer than the time it would take you to travel the distance by car. The Cliffs of Moher, Lisdoonvarna, Doolin, Liscannor, and Lahinch have two scheduled services a day (in each direction) from Galway, and only one from Ennis. Guided tours of the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren leave from the bus stations in Galway City and Ennis. Citylink operates frequent buses between Galway City and Shannon Airport as well as Dublin and Dublin Airport.
Ennis Bus Station (Station Rd., Ennis. 065/682–4177.)
Galway Bus Station (091/562–000.)
Bus Éireann (01/836–6111 in Dublin. www.buseireann.ie.)
Citylink (091/564–164. www.citylink.ie.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe