- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lahinch Beach. When the clouds part and the sun shows its prodigal face in Clare, locals drop everything and flock to Lahinch's Blue Flag beach, a wide sandy crescent about 2½ km (1 mile) long, facing southwest onto the Atlantic Ocean. The promenade ends with the village—where if you're in luck, you can find ice-cream, seaweed, and periwinkle vendors—but continues as a footpath behind the beach, leading to a dune system and Lahinch's golf courses. The beach has long been a family favorite, offering safe bathing, and ideal conditions for beginner surfers. Arriving from Ennistymon on the N85, ignore the right hand turn at village entrance for the Cliffs of Moher (R478), and continue straight for about 50 meters to reach the promenade and car park. Best For: sunset, surfing, swimming, walking, shore fishing. Amenities: food and drink, lifeguards, parking, toilets, water sports. Village centre, Lahinch, Co. Clare.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's