County Clare, Galway, and the Aran Islands Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
County Clare, Galway, and the Aran Islands Hotel Reviews
Some of Ireland's finest country-house and castle hotels are in this area. Dromoland Castle, between Shannon Airport and Ennis, provides a standard of luxury that you should experience at least once, if you can stretch your budget. Star country-house destinations include the creeper-clad Georgian house, known as Gregan's Castle Hotel, a tranquil retreat with views of the Burren and Galway Bay, and the more modest but also charming Ballinalacken Castle, a shooting lodge set in 100 acres of wildflower meadows next to the ruins of an O'Brien castle. Other memorable destinations include the cliff-top Moy House at Lahinch, and, in total contrast, the exuberantly glitzy "g" Hotel in Galway. Among the newer, midrange hotels, Vaughan Lodge in Lahinch and the Park House Hotel in Galway's city center offer exceptional standards of comfort and design. Indoor pools and tennis courts are the exception rather than the rule in this region, where business is largely seasonal and the emphasis is on outdoor pursuits. Note: During peak events, such as the Galway Festival Race Week, hotel rates in Galway shoot up.
Browse County Clare, Galway, and the Aran Islands Hotels
- Dromoland Castle Hotel and Country Estate
- Gregans Castle Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's