- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Galway City is the gateway to Connemara, and Connemara is the place to fish.
Duffy's Fishing. They sell a good range of clothing for anglers, and tackle, too. 5 Mainguard St., Center, Galway City, Co. Galway. 091/562–367.
Freeney's Sports. You can get fishing licenses, tackle, and bait, and arrange to hire a traditional fly-fishing guide or book a sea-angling trip at Freeney's Sports. 19–23 High St., Center, Galway City, Co. Galway. 091/568–794.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe