- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Discover Ireland provides free information service, tourist literature, and an accommodations booking service at its TIOs (tourist information offices). Oughterard and Westport TIOs are open all year, generally weekdays 9-6, daily during the high season. Other TIOs that operate seasonally, generally weekdays 9-6 and Saturday 9-1, are open as follows: Castlebar (May-mid-September), Clifden (March-October), and Cong (May-mid-September). Information on Connemara and Westport can be found at www.discoverireland.ie/places-to-go. In addition to this main website, we sometimes also list a town website in individual town sections; this is occasionally an ad-supported site that is unofficial, but still helpful. Generally speaking, tourism has been carefully nurtured in this region. Ferry services to the islands and on Lough Corrib have been upgraded, while walking and cycling holidays are a big growth area.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's