- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The region's main rail stations are in Galway City, Westport, and Ballina. Trains for Galway and Westport, leave from Dublin's Heuston Station. The journey time to Galway is 3 hours; and to Westport, 3½ hours. Rail service within the region is limited. The major destinations of Galway City and Westport/Ballina are on different branch lines. Connections can be made only between Galway and the other two cities by traveling inland for about an hour to Athlone.
Irish Rail–Iarnod Éireann (098/25253 in Westport. www.irishrail.ie.)
Ballina Station (096/20229. www.irishrail.ie/Ballina.)
Dublin Heuston Station (01/836–6222. www.irishrail.ie/DublinHeuston.)
Galway Station (091/564–222. www.irishrail.ie/Galway.)
Westport Station (098/25253. www.irishrail.ie/westport.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's