- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Cong is 23 km (14 miles) northeast of Maam Cross on the N59, a scenic drive skirting the shores of Lough Corrib. The main car parking area is on the edge of the village, a three-minute walk, and is clearly signposted. There is very limited parking in the village itself.
There is a limited Bus Éireann service from Galway Bus Station to Cong—be sure to get a bus that goes to Ryan's, the bus stop in the village center. The journey takes just over an hour. You can also take a delightful day-trip to Cong by Corrib Cruises boat from Oughterard between April and October.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe