- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Clifden is 66 km (41 miles) southwest of Cong: travel via Maam Cross and take the N59 westwards. The town is 79 km (49 miles) northwest of Galway City on the N59, and takes about an hour and a half. It is a busy main road with only one lane in each direction, and delays can occur. Follow signs to find the car parks (and free parking).
Bus Éireann and Citylink have daily bus service from Galway Bus Station. Bus Éireann's route takes 2 hours (at least half of that through great scenery), while Citylink's service takes 1½ hours and continues from Galway to Dublin and Dublin Airport. Some of these services continue to Letterfrack (about 20 minutes) and Leenane (about an hour). Check with Galway Bus Station on day of travel.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's