Nightlife & the Arts in Reykjavik
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Reykjavík has an active cultural life through most of the year, and is especially strong in music and the visual arts. The classical performing-arts scene tends to quiet down somewhat in summer, though a growing number of rock and jazz concerts as well as a new chamber music festival held in Harpa, called Reykjavík Midsummer Music, have been helping to fill in the lull. The Reykjavík Arts Festival is an annual event held in May. Past festivals have drawn Luciano Pavarotti and David Bowie, among other stars. Check out The Reykjavík Grapevine (www.grapevine.is) for up-to-date listings; it's biweekly in summer, monthly in winter.
Browse Reykjavik Nightlife
Browse Reykjavik Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's