One of Iceland‘s two major shopping malls, Smáralind (pronounced smow-ra-lind), is in Kópavogur, a community neighboring Reykjavík to the south. It's huge and houses, among other stores, British-based Debenhams as well as Iceland's own hypermarket chain, Hagkaup. From Reykjavík, you can take the S2 or 24 bus, but for a bit more than ISK 2,000, you can take a cab and save a lot of precious shopping time.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
In thanks for all of the tips I picked up from other travelers, here is brief trip report. Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
I am spending December and January in Europe by myself this year and am looking for some wonderful things to do that aren't the usual touristy attractions. Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. ... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more