Húsavík Whale Center & Museum
Húsavík Whale Center & Museum Review
A non-profit organization founded in 1997, the museum is dedicated to whales and whaling in Iceland. The exhibition provides detailed information on the whale‘s habitat, its biology and ecology, introduces in detail the species occurring in the North Atlantic, and informs about whale stranding, natural history and the whaling history in Iceland. The facility offers more than 17,000 square feet of exhibition space that includes several life-size skeletons.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Leaving the airport it is not long before it seems like we are on Mars or the Moon. Read more
In thanks for all of the tips I picked up from other travelers, here is brief trip report. Read more
Going to Iceland in July. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more