Húsavík Whale Center & Museum
Húsavík Whale Center & Museum Review
A non-profit organization founded in 1997, the museum is dedicated to whales and whaling in Iceland. The exhibition provides detailed information on the whale‘s habitat, its biology and ecology, introduces in detail the species occurring in the North Atlantic, and informs about whale stranding, natural history and the whaling history in Iceland. The facility offers more than 17,000 square feet of exhibition space that includes several life-size skeletons.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It was August and my girlfriend and I left Italy and its warm seas to visit the cold landscapes of Iceland. Read more
Leaving the airport it is not long before it seems like we are on Mars or the Moon. Read more
I am planning a short trip to Iceland in July, mainly staying in Reykjavik. Read more
· News & Features
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more
You'll never miss a minute of shut-eye at any of these hotels that take sleep seriously.... Read more