Inclusive guided tours are offered by a number of travel agencies in Iceland, the largest of which are listed below. Most operators offer tours by bus; some itineraries include air travel. Many agencies also combine Icelandic vacations with Greenland tours.
For the fit and active, hiking, biking, or horseback-riding tours are also available. In these cases, accommodations will usually be in tents, guesthouses, or mountain huts. Guided hiking tours of the interior are organized by Ferðafélag Íslands (Iceland Touring Association). The Útivist Travel Association is another group with assorted tours of varying lengths. Smaller travel agencies also offer tours, some of them quite specialized. The Icelandic Tourist Board also has information on other agencies.
Ferðafélag Íslands (Mörkin 6, Reykjavík, IS-108. 568–2533. www.fi.is.)
Iceland Excursions Allrahanda. Höfðatún 12, Reykjavík, IS-105. 540–1313. 540–1310. www.icelandexcursions.is.
Útivist Travel Association (Laugavegur 178, Reykjavík, IS-105. 562–1000. www.utivist.is.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe