- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Within Hungary, Tourinform has continued to expand and smarten up its act. It has numerous offices in Budapest and outposts throughout the country. Its toll-free tourist-information telephone hotline operates 24 hours a day. For off-hours help in person, you can visit the Non-Stop Hotel Service travel agency, the only such office open 24 hours a day.
In Budapest the popular Budapest Card, developed by the Tourism Office of Budapest in the late 1990s, entitles holders to unlimited travel on public transportation; free admission to many museums and sights; and discounts on various services from participating businesses. The cost at this writing was 5,200 HUF for two days, 6,500 HUF for three days; one card is valid for an adult plus one child under 14. It is available at many tourist offices, hotels, travel agencies, and metro ticket counters. A similar pass called the Hungary Card gives discounts to museums, sights, and services across the entire country.
Tourinform (1/438–8080 (24-hr hotline); 80/630–800 (24-hr toll-free recorded information within Hungary); 30/303–0600 (24-hr hotline from abroad). www.hungary.com.)
Tourism Office of Budapest (1/322–4098. www.budapestinfo.hu.)
In the U.S.
Visit Hungary (www.visithungary.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's