- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Zsidó Múzeum (Jewish Museum)
Zsidó Múzeum (Jewish Museum) Review
The four-room museum, around the corner from the Great Synagogue, has displays explaining the effect of the Holocaust on Hungarian and Transylvanian Jews. (There are labels in English.) In late 1993 burglars ransacked the museum and got away with approximately 80% of its priceless collection; several months later, the stolen objects were found in Romania and returned to their rightful home. Keep an eye out for the photographs of the World War II–era Jewish ghetto in Budapest: they represent the only images of horror and conditions Hungarian Jews were subjected to during that time.
- Address: District VII, Dohány utca 2, Around Astoria, Budapest | Map It
- Phone: 1/343–6756
- Cost: 2,250 HUF
- Hours: Mar.1–Nov.1, Mon.–Thurs. 10–6, Fri. and Sun. 10–4; Nov.2–April 28, Mon.–Thurs. 10–4, Fri. and Sun. 10–2
- Website: www.zsidomuzeum.hu
- Metro M2: Astoria.
- Location: Around Astoria
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Spring seems to have arrived early here in Central Europe, and as ex-pats in a rented house we are blissfully free from most of the usual weekend chores that kept us home in the U.S. So, no better time Read more
My cousins and I will be in Europe from Dec 6 - 29, and we're trying to fit in a loose itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more