- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Budapest, 2nd Edition
Zsidó Múzeum (Jewish Museum)
Zsidó Múzeum (Jewish Museum) Review
The four-room museum, around the corner from the Great Synagogue, has displays explaining the effect of the Holocaust on Hungarian and Transylvanian Jews. (There are labels in English.) In late 1993 burglars ransacked the museum and got away with approximately 80% of its priceless collection; several months later, the stolen objects were found in Romania and returned to their rightful home. Keep an eye out for the photographs of the World War II–era Jewish ghetto in Budapest: they represent the only images of horror and conditions Hungarian Jews were subjected to during that time.
- Address: District VII, Dohány utca 2, Around Astoria, Budapest | Map It
- Phone: 1/343–6756
- Cost: 2,250 HUF
- Hours: Mar.1–Nov.1, Mon.–Thurs. 10–6, Fri. and Sun. 10–4; Nov.2–April 28, Mon.–Thurs. 10–4, Fri. and Sun. 10–2
- Website: www.zsidomuzeum.hu
- Metro M2: Astoria.
- Location: Around Astoria
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more