- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Budapest, 2nd Edition
Danubius Hotel Gellért
At a Glance
- great architecture
- includes access to the amazing thermal baths
- room decor, even in renovated rooms, doesn't measure up to the architecuture
- Wi-Fi isn't free
Check Rates from our Partners
Danubius Hotel Gellért Review
Budapest's most renowned art nouveau hotel underwent an overhaul that restored the original Jugendstil style popular when it was built during World War I. Rooms are spacious and come in all shapes and sizes (and prices). Request a refurbished one when you reserve for optimal comfort; unrenovated rooms are a good value, if you don't mind a little Iron Curtain sternness. Everyone staying here also has free access to the monumental and ornate thermal baths, with a dedicated elevator to whisk you directly to the premises. You can get discounted rates for mulitple-night stays; inquire when booking.
- Address: District XI, Szent Gellért tér 1, Gellért-hegy and Tabán, Budapest, H-1111 | Map It
- Phone: 1/889–5500
- Website: www.danubiusgroup.com
- Metro Tram 18, 19, 47, 49 to Szent Gellért tér.
- Location: Gellért-hegy and Tabán
- 234 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
We have booked a trip to Europe mid June. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more