- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Danubius Hotel Gellért
At a Glance
- great architecture
- includes access to the amazing thermal baths
- room decor, even in renovated rooms, doesn't measure up to the architecuture
- Wi-Fi isn't free
Check Rates from our Partners
Danubius Hotel Gellért Review
Budapest's most renowned art nouveau hotel underwent an overhaul that restored the original Jugendstil style popular when it was built during World War I. Rooms are spacious and come in all shapes and sizes (and prices). Request a refurbished one when you reserve for optimal comfort; unrenovated rooms are a good value, if you don't mind a little Iron Curtain sternness. Everyone staying here also has free access to the monumental and ornate thermal baths, with a dedicated elevator to whisk you directly to the premises. You can get discounted rates for mulitple-night stays; inquire when booking.
- Address: District XI, Szent Gellért tér 1, Gellért-hegy and Tabán, Budapest, H-1111 | Map It
- Phone: 1/889–5500
- Website: www.danubiusgroup.com
- Metro Tram 18, 19, 47, 49 to Szent Gellért tér.
- Location: Gellért-hegy and Tabán
- 234 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Spring seems to have arrived early here in Central Europe, and as ex-pats in a rented house we are blissfully free from most of the usual weekend chores that kept us home in the U.S. So, no better time Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more