- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Danubius Hotel Gellért
At a Glance
- great architecture, amazing thermal-baths access
- room decor, even in renovated rooms, doesn't measure up to the architecuture
- Wi-Fi isn't free
Check Rates from our Partners
Danubius Hotel Gellért Review
Budapest's most renowned Art Nouveau hotel underwent an overhaul that restored the original Jugendstil style popular when it was built during World War I. Rooms are spacious and come in all shapes and sizes (and prices). Request a refurbished one when you reserve for optimal comfort; unrenovated rooms are a good value, if you don't mind a little Iron Curtain sternness. Everyone staying here also has free access to the monumental and ornate thermal baths, with a dedicated elevator to whisk you directly to the premises. You can get discounted rates for mulitple-night stays; inquire when booking.
- Address: District XI, Szent Gellért tér 1, Gellért-hegy and Tabán, Budapest, H-1111 | Map It
- Phone: 1/889–5500
- Website: www.danubiusgroup.com
- Metro Tram 18, 19, 47, 49 to Szent Gellért tér.
- Location: Gellért-hegy and Tabán
- 234 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
As promised I'm making a start on this overdue TR. Read more
Feeling so guilty, I haven't even started a TR. Read more
My wife and I plan on visiting Eastern Europe in May for about a month. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more