- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Budapest, 2nd Edition
At a Glance
- truly unique setting and building, super-low rates
- out of the way, bathroom situation and lack of amenities will be a turn off to some, breakfast is available but not included
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Citadella Review
Housed within the historical Citadella fort that crowns Gellért Hill, this hotel and hostel combination is geared to low-maintenance, budget-minded travelers who don't mind an uphill hike at the end of their sightseeing day. Its origins as an army barracks come through loud and clear: windows are small, and half the rooms share a bathroom. But the vaulted stone ceilings and marvelous views from many of the rooms make it unique in Budapest. Of the 12 rooms with private bath, two have a tub, the rest simple showers. Finding your way here is a challenge as there are no signs. Your best bet is to walk under an archway that leads to the Panoráma Múzeumok (Panorama Museums).
- Address: District XI, Citadella sétány, Gellért Hill, Budapest, H–1118 | Map It
- Phone: 1/466–5794
- Website: www.citadella.hu
- Metro Bus 27 to Szirtes út.
- Location: Gellért Hill
- 12 private rooms (two–four beds each), 1 14-bed hostel room.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
My sister and I are going to Berlin and Budapest from 3/21 to 3/30. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more