- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- truly unique setting and building, super-low rates
- out of the way, bathroom situation and lack of amenities will be a turn off to some, breakfast is available but not included
Hotel Citadella Review
Housed within the historical Citadella fort that crowns Gellért Hill, this hotel and hostel combination is geared to low-maintenance, budget-minded travelers who don't mind an uphill hike at the end of their sightseeing day. Its origins as an army barracks come through loud and clear: windows are small, and half the rooms share a bathroom. But the vaulted stone ceilings and marvelous views from many of the rooms make it unique in Budapest. Of the 12 rooms with private bath, two have a tub, the rest simple showers. Finding your way here is a challenge as there are no signs. Your best bet is to walk under an archway that leads to the Panoráma Múzeumok (Panorama Museums).
- Address: District XI, Citadella sétány, Gellért Hill, Budapest, H–1118 | Map It
- Phone: 1/466–5794
- Website: www.citadella.hu
- Metro Bus 27 to Szirtes út.
- Location: Gellért Hill
- 12 private rooms (two–four beds each), 1 14-bed hostel room.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
As promised I'm making a start on this overdue TR. Read more
Feeling so guilty, I haven't even started a TR. Read more
Are there any reputable companies that offer Mifi in all these countries as I'll need to stay connected on the road for maps and such. Read more
· News & Features
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new ... Read more
Intergalactic photos of unbelievably beautiful star formations and swirling clouds above Earth's surface... Read more
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear.... Read more