- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- great combination of old and new
- deals to be had
- some rooms have only shower stalls (no tubs)
- reviews on the service are mixed
Check Rates from our Partners
Boscolo Budapest Review
This refurbished Belle Epoque grande dame, once known as the New York Palace and now part of the Italian Boscolo chain, is a pleasing mix of traditional and contemporary. In the cavernous atrium, clerks stand around a glass reception desk staring at laptops as pop music carries from the adjacent, and very historic, New York Café. Here creamy marble floors, elaborate plasterwork, ceiling frescos, and gilt elements truly embody cafe society. This ornateness is offset by public spaces made more intimate with comfortable, contemporary furnishings and accessories and soothing earthtone palettes. Rooms have the same design mix, making them opulent but not stuffy. The spa is a modern sanctuary of body and beauty treatments, fitness facilities, and a pool.
- Address: District VII, Erzsébet körút 9–11, Around Blaha Lujza tér, Budapest, H-1073 | Map It
- Phone: 1/886–6111
- Website: www.budapest.boscolohotels.com
- Metro M2: Blaha Lujza tér.
- Location: Around Blaha Lujza tér
- 185 rooms, 29 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
As promised I'm making a start on this overdue TR. Read more
Feeling so guilty, I haven't even started a TR. Read more
Are there any reputable companies that offer Mifi in all these countries as I'll need to stay connected on the road for maps and such. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more