- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- great combination of old and new
- deals to be had
- some rooms have only shower stalls (no tubs)
- reviews on the service are mixed
Check Rates from our Partners
Boscolo Budapest Review
This refurbished Belle Epoque grande dame, once known as the New York Palace and now part of the Italian Boscolo chain, is a pleasing mix of traditional and contemporary. In the cavernous atrium, clerks stand around a glass reception desk staring at laptops as pop music carries from the adjacent, and very historic, New York Café. Here creamy marble floors, elaborate plasterwork, ceiling frescos, and gilt elements truly embody cafe society. This ornateness is offset by public spaces made more intimate with comfortable, contemporary furnishings and accessories and soothing earthtone palettes. Rooms have the same design mix, making them opulent but not stuffy. The spa is a modern sanctuary of body and beauty treatments, fitness facilities, and a pool.
- Address: District VII, Erzsébet körút 9–11, Around Blaha Lujza tér, Budapest, H-1073 | Map It
- Phone: 1/886–6111
- Website: www.budapest.boscolohotels.com
- Metro M2: Blaha Lujza tér.
- Location: Around Blaha Lujza tér
- 185 rooms, 29 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Spring seems to have arrived early here in Central Europe, and as ex-pats in a rented house we are blissfully free from most of the usual weekend chores that kept us home in the U.S. So, no better time Read more
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
We will be traveling from Brno to Budapest in June. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more