- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- great combination of old and new
- deals to be had
- some rooms have only shower stalls (no tubs)
- reviews on the service are mixed
Check Rates from our Partners
Boscolo Budapest Review
This refurbished Belle Epoque grande dame, once known as the New York Palace and now part of the Italian Boscolo chain, is a pleasing mix of traditional and contemporary. In the cavernous atrium, clerks stand around a glass reception desk staring at laptops as pop music carries from the adjacent, and very historic, New York Café. Here creamy marble floors, elaborate plasterwork, ceiling frescos, and gilt elements truly embody cafe society. This ornateness is offset by public spaces made more intimate with comfortable, contemporary furnishings and accessories and soothing earthtone palettes. Rooms have the same design mix, making them opulent but not stuffy. The spa is a modern sanctuary of body and beauty treatments, fitness facilities, and a pool.
- Address: District VII, Erzsébet körút 9–11, Around Blaha Lujza tér, Budapest, H-1073 | Map It
- Phone: 1/886–6111
- Website: www.budapest.boscolohotels.com
- Metro M2: Blaha Lujza tér.
- Location: Around Blaha Lujza tér
- 185 rooms, 29 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
We are planning to spend a few days in Prague and Budapest this July. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more