- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Budapest, 2nd Edition
Bem József tér
Bem József tér Review
This square near the river is not particularly picturesque and can get heavy with traffic, but it houses the statue of its important namesake, Polish general József Bem, who offered his services to the 1848 revolutionaries in Vienna and then Hungary. Reorganizing the rebel forces in Transylvania, he was the war's most successful general. It was at this statue on October 23, 1956, that a big demonstration exploded into the Hungarian uprising suppressed by the Red Army.
- Address: District II, Fő utca at Bem József utca, Around Batthyány tér, Budapest
- Metro M2: Batthyány tér.
- Location: Around Batthyány tér
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
My sister and I are going to Berlin and Budapest from 3/21 to 3/30. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more