- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bem József tér
Bem József tér Review
This square near the river is not particularly picturesque and can get heavy with traffic, but it houses the statue of its important namesake, Polish general József Bem, who offered his services to the 1848 revolutionaries in Vienna and then Hungary. Reorganizing the rebel forces in Transylvania, he was the war's most successful general. It was at this statue on October 23, 1956, that a big demonstration exploded into the Hungarian uprising suppressed by the Red Army.
- Address: District II, Fő utca at Bem József utca, Around Batthyány tér, Budapest
- Metro M2: Batthyány tér.
- Location: Around Batthyány tér
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Spring seems to have arrived early here in Central Europe, and as ex-pats in a rented house we are blissfully free from most of the usual weekend chores that kept us home in the U.S. So, no better time Read more
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
My sister and I have 16 nights/15 days planned in Central Europe this upcoming May/June. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more