- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Budapest, 2nd Edition
Bécsi kapu tér (Vienna Gate Square)
Bécsi kapu tér (Vienna Gate Square) Review
Marking the northern entrance to Castle Hill, the stone gateway (rebuilt in 1936) called Vienna Gate opens toward Vienna—or, closer at hand, Moszkva tér a few short blocks below. The square named after it has some fine baroque and rococo houses, but is dominated by the enormous neo-Romanesque (1913–17) headquarters of the Országos Levéltár (Hungarian National Archives), a cathedral-like shrine to paperwork.
- Address: District I, Budapest
- Metro Várbusz (2nd stop after M2: Széll Kálmán tér).
- Location: Várhegy (Castle Hill)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
We have booked a trip to Europe mid June. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more