- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For a uniquely Hungarian souvenir, check out this home-grown shoe company named for a beloved river that flows through southern Hungary. The company is known for its rubber-soled shoes, boots, and sneakers, which were all the rage behind the Iron Curtain in the 1970s. Tisza soles provided the basis for scores of "domestic" shoes then as well, providing workers in Hungary with sturdy and comfortable shoes in which to toil. These days, new groovy designs make the sneakers popular with the hipster crowd.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Spring seems to have arrived early here in Central Europe, and as ex-pats in a rented house we are blissfully free from most of the usual weekend chores that kept us home in the U.S. So, no better time Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more